Managing Health & Safety for Retail
Who Should Attend?
Those responsible for retail management either nationally or locally such as:
- Operations managers
- Regional store leaders
- Store managers
- Assistant store managers
- Property managers
Aims and Objectives
To provide delegates with a broad, and more importantly, a practical understanding of retail health and safety requirements. This will enable delegates to understand, measure, review and improve their own systems and procedures.
Delegates post-course should be able to:
- Recognise and understand the key elements and functions of a safety management system.
- Identify techniques for measuring store performance.
- Describe the general legal requirements for health and safety.
- Define hazard and risk and understand the fundamentals of risk management.
- Understand the need to monitor workplace conditions.
- Understand the principles of accident investigation and causation.
- Identify typical workplace hazards and safe systems of work.
Delegates will undertake a workplace project integrating learning from the course.
On successful completion, delegates will be issued with a certificate which is valid for three years.
- Introduction to retail safety management and performance (managing individuals and teams).
- Active monitoring (inspections, audit etc).
- Reactive monitoring (incidents, accidents, civil claims etc).
- General/ specific workplace hazards such as:
- Manual handling
- Stock delivery
- Risk assessment and risk control measures.
- Review and audit.
- Key and relevant health and safety legislation (HASAWA, Management Regulations etc).
You can enquire about this course by contacting our team via:
Telephone: +44 (0)3302 231124
BlueChip Safety Ltd,
Head office: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE
Tel: +44 (0)3302 231124
Call us today on
+44 (0)330 223 1124
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information