IOSH Managing Safely
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors who have responsibility for managing people and/or risks.
This flexible course is ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle safety and health issues in the workplace
Aims and Objectives
To provide delegates with a broad and practical understanding of health and safety requirements, enabling them to understand, review and improve their own systems and procedures.
Delegates post-course should be able to:
- Recognise and understand the key elements and functions of a safety management system.
- Identify techniques for measuring performance.
- Describe the general legal requirements for health and safety.
- Define hazard and risk and understand the fundamentals of risk management.
- Understand the need to monitor workplace conditions.
- Understand the principles of accident investigation and causation.
- Identify typical workplace hazards and safe systems of work.
Delegates will be expected to undertake a short written exam and a workplace project.
On successful completion they will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate. The certificate is valid for three years.
Key modules covered during the course include:
- Safety management
- Active monitoring
- Reactive monitoring
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Review and audit
- Health and safety legislation
- General and specific workplace hazards
You can enquire about this course by contacting our team via:
Telephone: +44 (0)3302 231124
BlueChip Safety Ltd,
Head office: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE
Tel: +44 (0)3302 231124