Fire Extinguisher Training
Who Should Attend?
Those with the responsibility for using fire extinguishers, such as:
- Fire marshals
- Health and safety representatives
- Site-based engineers
- Engineers undertaking hotwork
Aims and Objectives
To provide delegates with a general understanding of how fires can start, how to select the correct extinguisher and practical skills in the usage of fire extinguishers.
Having attended the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the basic sources of fire and various ways of stopping the combustion process.
- Describe the types (classes) of fires.
- Identify the types of extinguishers and usage.
- Show a basic understanding of fire conditions and when to use the correct fire extinguisher.
- Handle and use a fire extinguisher.
Delegates will be assessed during the course as part of the practical user test.
On successful completion delegates will be issued with a certificate of course completion which is valid for three years.
The course will include the following topics:
- The source of fires.
- The fire triangle.
- Fire types and sources of ignition.
- Extinguisher types and usage.
- User practical demonstration and involvement.
You can enquire about this course by contacting our team via:
Telephone: +44 (0)3302 231124
BlueChip Safety Ltd,
Head office: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE
Tel: +44 (0)3302 231124
Call us today on
+44 (0)330 223 1124
or email email@example.com for more information